From: "Michael Tam" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "mysql" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2001 2:06 PM
Subject: Transaction for MySQL

Hi all,

    I am new using MySQL.  I found out that the default table type used in
the binary isn't support transaction and would like to make MySQL uses
another table type which supports transaction.  The following are my
questions regarding the issue:

1) which one should I use InnoDB or BDB?  what kind of advantages given by
each type?

2) currently, I am using the default type - MyISAM, where I am running
MySqld-nt.  If I would like to switch to another
    table type.  Do I just uninstall the service of MySqld-nt from win2000
and install MySqld-Max service??
    In addition to the daemond, I need to comment out the MyISAM config

3) what would happen to my existing MyISAM type tables which already exists
in MySQL if I do the switch over? and
   would I able to use/create MyISAM type table uder MySqld-Max??

    Thank you and greatly appreciated for any suggestion/help.

Regards,
Michael