Is there a mysql newsgroup somewhere?  Or some other forum?  I am the kind
of user that has one question every couple weeks or so, and rather than fill
up my mailbox, I prefer to subscribe, ask my question and then unsubscribe.

This works well with other services, but it takes me (no exaggeration) 2
hours to subscribe to the mysql list. It usually takes over an hour for my
post to appear.

This list is the only one I have problems with, so I have 3 questions:
1. Is it something at my end?  i.e. subscribe/unsubscribe is blazing fast
for everyone else?
2. Is it something at the mysql list end?  If so, why is it so slow?
3. Are there alternatives with the same quality of information for
questions? (I havent found any)

Thanks,
Bryan