Dear Chetan,

which version did you download (and from which site :)?
What OS are you running on? Can you give an exact
transscript of the command you used and the output it
generated? (Eventually parts of config.log might help
as well.)

(Checked the archive at www.mysql.com, but could not find
any useful note on this particular problem quickly...)

Guus