On Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 06:44:29AM -0400, Jonathan Buhacoff wrote:
> ----------------------------------
> I get errors when I try to compile the distribution.  The first one happens
> in the gemini tree and is caused by a prototype mismatch between the bzero()
> defined in <strings.h> and the one defined in the mysql source. Apparently,
> the one on my system takes a void* for the first argument and the mysql
> source expects char*. I got around this by lying in config.h and saying I
> don't have string_h or strings_h and that I don't have bzero. Now gemini
> compiles fine.
> But, the problems continue. The next problem occurs in the client tree. I
> guess since I said previously that I don' t have the strings.h file, I'm
> leaving strlen undeclared and client/sql_string.cc balks at this.

Hi,

I encountered the same thing but my fix was different.  Try
going into gemini/incl/pscsys.h and look for this:
+#ifndef bzero
#define bzero(s,n)      memset((s),(int)0,(n))
#endif

Just pop that bit out so it doesn't bother defining it.
Assuming you have bzero which you appear to.  Put config.h
back the way it was and all should work fine.

Shane

--
Shane Wegner: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
              http://www.cm.nu/~shane/