From: William N. Zanatta [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, July 20, 2001 3:54 PM
To: mysql
Subject: auto_increment, is this a bug?? Where to report it?

Hello guys...

 I'm having problem with the auto_increment feature.
 I have a table like this...

+--------+-----------------+------+-----+------------+----------------+
  | Field  | Type            | Null | Key | Default    | Extra

+--------+-----------------+------+-----+------------+----------------+
  | Data   | date            |      |     | 0000-00-00 |

  | Edicao | int(3) unsigned |      | PRI | NULL       | auto_increment

  | Status | varchar(6)      |      |     |            |

+--------+-----------------+------+-----+------------+----------------+

 When I make entries to this table, the column Edition goes...
  +--------+
  | Edicao |
  +--------+
  |      1 |
  |      2 |
  |      3 |
  +--------+
 as expected.
 The problem is...if I delete the third entry (Edicao = 3), the next
entry inserted should be 3, right?! Well it is not! It is 4. So I get a
table like this...
  +--------+
  | Edicao |
  +--------+
  |      1 |

 Well, I tested it on 2.33.37, 2.33.38 and 2.33.39. In 2.33.37 it was
right...the entry was 3. But in the newer versions the number was 4.
It's like the auto_increment pointer didn't do the decrement when I
deleted the last entry.
 Is this a bug?! Where should it be reported to?
 Thank you all...

 William N. Zanatta