"michael johnson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Is there a simple command one can give in Linux that will remove all
> trace of Mysql except the databases so that I can install from
> fresh?

That is very dependent on how you installed it. If you used rpm, you
can just do "rpm -e mysql mysql-server mysql-devel". If you just want
to reinstall another (or the same version), just do "rpm -Uvh mysql*"
with the new set of rpms - add "--force" if it's an older or the same
version you already have installed.

[1] (well, it likely won't succeed since the libraries are needed by
    other applications you might have installed on your system. Remove
    those applications as well if you want to remove any trace of
    mysql on your system)

--
Trond Eivind Glomsrød
Red Hat, Inc.