----- Original Message -----
From: "David Rickerl" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, July 22, 2001 2:57 PM
Subject: MYODBC & DSN creation

> Have successfully installed MYODBC, driver shows up in Windows Control
> Panel,

I assume that you mean in the Data Sources window/utility. You should verify
that the sample MySQL connection is there too. If it's not there, then you
may have an individual issue with the MyODBC installation process.

> I have exhausted my idea bank on what is happening. Any ideas from anyone
> else
> would be greatly appreciated.

Well, here's one more for you - you can use a DSN-less connection. Take a
look at the function below:

<%
Function Get_Connection()

Set objConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")

objConn.Open "uid=root;pwd=;driver={MySQL};server=localhost;database=db"

If Err.Number = 0 Then
    Get_Connection = True
Else
    Get_Connection = False
End If

End Function
%>

Obviously, this is ASP code, but you get the general idea for a VB
implementation.

Good Luck,

Dennis
Beridney Computer Services