I have installed Redhat Linux 7.1 with the supplied MySQL distribution
(3.23.36?). I've run the "mysql_install_db" script, but when I try to start
MySQL using "./bin/safe_mysqld --user=mysql &", from the installation directory,
MySQL starts then ends immedately ("MySQL ends") without an error!!

The user "mysql" exists (Created by the install). Are there any other actions I
need to do before trying to start MySQL?

Can anybody help?

Many Thanks,
   =Adrian=

Information in this message is confidential and may also be legally privileged.
It is intended solely for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the
intended recipient, please notify the sender, and then please delete the message
from your system immediately.