Hello,
                I have just installed the MySQL RPMs , downloaded from
ur web site. I have installed it on my machine. But I am facing few
problems.

1.  As u have specified in documentation that, if I am able to connect
to server without giving password that can be troublesome. While i am
login as root, I give command mysql -u root. I get straight away
connected to server. How should i overcome this. I don't have the file
"my.cnf" on my m/c. its not installed.

2.     Secondly, when I try to login to the server from some other m/c ,
still it doesn't prompt for password. But if I give "-p" option any
specify password, as in user table, it says access denied. Without
giving -p it gets connected.

                        Kindly help as soon as possible. I will be
thankful for this act of kindness.

Your's Sincerely,

Nitesh Garg

[EMAIL PROTECTED]