Stephen,

you have to add to the my.cnf or my.ini file
the following parameters, to the [mysqld] section:

Suppose you have a Windows NT machine with 128 MB RAM and a single 10 GB
hard disk. Below is an example of possible configuration parameters in
`my.cnf' for InnoDB:

[mysqld]
# You can write your other MySQL server options here
# ...
#
innodb_data_home_dir = c:\ibdata
innodb_data_file_path = ibdata1:2000M;ibdata2:2000M
set-variable = innodb_mirrored_log_groups=1
innodb_log_group_home_dir = c:\iblogs
set-variable = innodb_log_files_in_group=3
set-variable = innodb_log_file_size=30M
set-variable = innodb_log_buffer_size=8M
innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit=1
innodb_log_arch_dir = c:\iblogs
innodb_log_archive=0
set-variable = innodb_buffer_pool_size=80M
set-variable = innodb_additional_mem_pool_size=10M
set-variable = innodb_file_io_threads=4
set-variable = innodb_lock_wait_timeout=50

See the manual at www.innodb.com InnoDB does not create directories,
you have to do it yourself.

Regards,

Heikki Tuuri
Innobase Oy

Copied message:
I'm trying to learn php with mysql, I've installed Apache server for windows
with php on my computer.

However I can't seem to get Mysql to work. I've
installed on Mysql for windows which I downloaded from Mysql website.
I then double click on mysqld ( it says to do that in the book I've bought).
Unfortunately I get the following error:-

Cannot initialise  InnoDB as 'innodb_data_file_path'  is not set.

I presume I have to change the httpd.conf somehow but I'm not sure how.
Please can somebody help!:)

Stephen Hammond