hi all,
        I'm having a problem wrt character sets in mysql.  i'm trying to add the euro
symbol to a table (MyISAM), but it seems that it is being replaced with '?'.

Having looked into the problem a bit, I assume it is that the table is using the
default latin1 character set, which does not include the euro symbol.

How have other people worked around this?  I don't know how to define new character
sets (technically), having looked at those defined in share/charsets/*.conf.  Can
somebody explain these files, or point me to somewhere I can read up on them?

mysql version 3.23.37 (nt 4)

rgds,
Paul.

Software Architect