From: "Roger Westin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2001 2:25 PM
Subject: Upgrade/installation problem

Ok problem.
Upgrade from 3.23.37 to 3.23.40 on linux readhat 7.0 - using rpm
and after the uppdate I get : Cant find file ./mysql/host.frm (error:
13)

so I copied the db and run mysql_install_db, still get the same msg,
So I checked the error 13 = permission denined.
So I doublecheck tthe permission, and even tried to give ugo=rwx on all
the files,
same error.

So Just to se if it for some reason read from another datadit i removed
the datadir,
and I get Table mysql.host doesn't exists (= another error) wich tells
me that
it actualy is reading from the right datadir.

So I tried to uninstall all the mysql rpm and installing it againg....
same error....

so what can be wrong....

Ran out of clues.

The installation has been upgraded several times before with any
problems.

/roger