Hi all,

I am currently researching an issue with slave thread terminating when an
error occurs.

background:
Win2000 server SP2
MySQL server/client ver 3.23.38
MySQL ODBC ver 2.50.33
Program language Clarion 5.5

Our database program can insert and update records without a problem. When a
new record is added to the database it flows through to the slave ok. When
we change a record, the master bin-log shows an INSERT statement instead of
a UPDATE statement to the slave. This causes a error with the slave thread
which is "cannot insert duplicate key" and the slave will terminate.

I am looking for a solution which will log the error, skip the error line,
and restart the slave itself automatically.

Is it possible to set the SQL_SLAVE_SKIP_COUNTER=1 permanently and make the
slave thread go again after a retry?

Another approach could be to monitor the slave thread and run a batch file
with the above commands in it.

Any help on the above issue would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Chris Knighton
Technical Manager
Readysell Computer Solutions