In MySQL 3.23.40 there are no more warnings about aborted connections (yay!)
and I can see what is actually in the error log. I found a binlog error
message even though we do not use replication or the binlog (though this got
me thinking that we should use it as it will be replacing the updatelog and
has more features).

Does anyone know if this is a fluke or something I should be worried about?

Thanks!

-steve-

010724 14:48:10  mysqld started
/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqld: ready for connections
010724 14:50:40  /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqld: Binlog closed, cannot RESET
MASTER

Status information:

Current locks:
lock: 45cd20dc: read