From: David [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2001 8:40 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Paycheck database Design

I want to log my paychecks in my own database for my own personal use. I
am in the design phase: Do I need a table for year to date since this
can be calculated automatically?  I don't want to have to enter a lot of
information when entering the data for each pay period. How many tables
are normally used for something like this? Here is what I have so far

Table 1: Rarely changes
Company:
Address:
Phone:
Employee ID:

Table 2:
Pay Period:   Some sort of formula and auto-populate bi-weekly
Rate:             rarely change maybe should move up
Hours            Default to value
Earnings         Rate * Hours worked =Earnings so dont need to store:

Taxes: (should I make another table here)
Federal:     //will have to update bi-weekly
FED 2:     //will have to update bi-weekly
FED 3:     //will have to update bi-weekly
State:       //will have to update bi-weekly
City:        $2.00 every month

Deductions:
medicalbeforetaxes   //will have to update bi-weekly
dentalbeforetaxes     //will have to update bi-weekly
visionbeforetaxes        //will have to update bi-weekly
401kbeforetaxes         //will have to update bi-weekly

Hours worked:
Sick:                      //will have to update bi-weekly
Vacation:
Holiday
Other:

Can be calculated automagically(no need for table)
YTD
Net
Gross
Total Taxes