Thanks for responding, but the full path is not the answer.

I have tried every conceivable full path (see original message) and it does
not help. In fact, the only thing that has ever worked was using no path
info and putting the file in the root of the C: drive on my local machine.
But for some reason, this did not work the next time I tried it even though
I had copied and pasted the commands into a text file to make sure I could
duplicate them exactly.

Something more mysterious is going on here, but I suspect that it is
platform specific.  Anyone who is going to solve this is going to have to
take it on faith that there is an actual issue.