What about having symbolic links in the same directory as the original file?  I have a
situation where a broken Windoze application has different queries embedded, with some
using tablename(lower case), and some using TABLENAME(upper case). The database
actually resides on a Linux server, so file names, and table names, are
case-sensitive. The only way I could make the app work was to use tablename (lower
case) as the original file name, and create a symlink to it named TABLENAME, in the
same directory. Now the app doesn't complain, but when I run queries against both
tables, I see that the symlinked one doesn't appear to be updating records, at least
not beyond the date that I created the symlink. It's almost as if MySQL has created a
real file from the link, but isn't updating it. I feel certain it is not some sort of
cache arrangement, because the server has since been restarted.

Any ideas what might be going on?

Thanks,

Ross McCormick
Division Maintenance Engineer
=========================
YOU MIGHT BE AN ENGINEER IF:
The sales people at the local
computer store can't answer
any of your questions.
=========================
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content="MSHTML 5.00.3103.1000" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff
style="FONT: 10pt Arial; MARGIN-LEFT: 2px; MARGIN-TOP: 2px">
<DIV>What about having symbolic links in the same directory as the original
file?&nbsp; I have a situation where a broken Windoze application has different
queries embedded, with some using tablename(lower case), and some using
TABLENAME(upper case). The database actually resides on a Linux server, so file
names, and table names, are case-sensitive. The only way I could make the app
work was to use tablename (lower case) as the original file name, and create a
symlink to it named TABLENAME, in the same directory. Now the app doesn't
complain, but when I run queries against both tables, I see that the symlinked
one doesn't appear to be updating records, at least not beyond the date that I
created the symlink. It's almost as if MySQL has created a real file from the
link, but isn't updating it. I feel certain it is not some sort of cache
arrangement, because the server has since been restarted.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Any ideas what might be going on?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Ross McCormick<BR>Division Maintenance
Engineer<BR>=========================<BR>YOU MIGHT BE AN ENGINEER IF:<BR>The
sales people at the local <BR>computer store can't answer <BR>any of your
questions.<BR>=========================</DIV></BODY></HTML>