Dear sirs,

Possible (minor?) bug?

I'm a newbie to MySQL and MySQLGUI, but I have a fair amount of experience w/Paradox
and MS Access.

I am using www.phpwebhosting.com to host my web site (www.Rebates4Sure.com).

I can telnet to Rebates4Sure.com, login in, and use a command "mysql -q" and
successfully login.  At that point, I can issue the "use" command for either my
default DB or the additional DB phpwebhosting has created / configured / enabled for
me (Rebates).

However, when I use MySQLGUI 1.7.5-1, I can successfully login to my default DB, but
when I try to "use Rebates", I get an error message "Access denied for user:
'[EMAIL PROTECTED]' to database 'Rebates'.  Other methods of tweaking
didn't fare any better.

I don't know, but I think I need to be identified as user 'nekote@dogwood' or possibly
as 'nekote@localhost' rather than what MySQLGUI appears to be automatically generating
for me.