Hi.

What I want to do is this: Use mysql as a dedicated database for a desktop
application, meaning that basically there's only one client allowed to
connect to it, and that client is the application. Also, I would not want
this database to interfere with any other instance of MySQL that may be
running on the same machine. Basically to be completely wrapped and only
accessible by the application.

My question is: is there a relatively simple way of doing this?

Bryan Ross
Programmer
iMustPlay.com
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]