From: Mike <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: MySQLList <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2001 4:58 PM
Subject: Host Access denied

Hello all,

   I have a problem. I am trying to use MyODBC to connect to my DB. My linux
box houses the database and I am trying to access that db server from a
windows box. The daemon is running and listening on the standard port. I
have the odbc driver using that port. I have tried two different methods of
using the odbc drivers and both return the exact same error.

Error connecting to toiletries
Error: [1130] [] "[TCX][MyODBC]Host 'Bob' is not allowed to connect to this
My
SQL server"

I have looked in /var/log/mysqld.log for errors but it has none. Is there
anywhere else to look? Is there some step involving adding hosts to the
permissions table or something? What am I missing? Why is the sky blue? What
is the capital of Arizona?

Thanks for any and all help..

Michael Turner