On 05 August 2001 23:42 -0700 Schajee Achmad wrote,

> now I get this error "Access Denied
> for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO).
>
> I've tried several ways o get out of this mess, even
> the documentation of MySQL but there is no mention of
> this error.

Run up mysql with the '--skip-grant-tables' option, which will cause the
server to come up, and ignore the permissions table, so you should be able
to login, fix the problem up, and then _remember_ to re-start the server
again without this option, or you'll give full access to everyone...

Regards,

-Kp