Hey all;

I'm Trying to parse an SQL statement using the database without actually
running it.  For example, I have a tool that generates my SQL for me to
accommodate changes in schema.  I want to be able to test the generated
SQL statements by putting pre-defined dummy values in, and sending the
statement to the mysqld.  I'm asking for some way to tell the mysqld to
parse the statement, but not run it -- some kind of "NOOP SELECT * FROM
..." or "NOOP DELETE FROM users WHERE..."

Is there such a capability now?

Allan