Greetings,

I appologize for not responding sooner, as I have had ISP problems,
and work has been killing me...so to speak. :)

I attempted running some of the programs under the bdb/build_unix
directory, but none of them would run either.  I ended up giving up
and going with InnoDB, which works perfectly.

I also have a copy of the latest Berkeley DB installed on my machine that
I use for other software, and attempted compiling with that version,
but I received the same results.  It doesn't appear to be a problem
with the bdb code supplied with mysql.

I will recompile with debug support to see if I can't get more details on
why it is crashing.

Thanks,
Brian