Dear Chris,

>Is there a method I can use to log into a remote mysql server through
something such as >telnet to pass queries on my database?

If you have a telnet account on the remote machine, log in. Then start
mysql (MySQL monitor, command line tool) which will connect to the MySQL
server. You may have to enter MySQL user name and password, like this:

    mysql -u username -p
    (server will prompt for password then)

If network connection are permitted, you can log on from your local
machine using mysql as well. Something like this:

    mysql -h hostname_or_ip -u username -p

Regards,

--
  Stefan Hinz
  Geschäftsführer / CEO iConnect e-commerce solutions GmbH