Hi All,

Not sure if this is a bug or just a standard behavior of a auto_increment
zerofill column.

I have a column in a MySQL database table assigned as such:

memid int(8) auto_increment zerofill primary key,

now when the a new row is inserted in fills the column with the appropriate 0's,
but when I do a 'SELECT LAST_INSERT_ID()', after the insert, I get the last
insert number, without the zeros, IE... Last inserted id value = '00000012' but
the return value is '12' and if I do a SELECT * FROM table_name WHERE memid =
'12'; or SELECT * FROM table_name WHERE memid = '00000012';

I get the same results, whether I use '12' or '00000012'

Is this suppose to do that?? Just curious :)

THX's

Mike(mickalo)Blezien
Thunder Rain Internet Publishing
Providing Internet Solutions that work!