Hi,

I have used Solaris 2.6 (Unicode) and Windows 2000 (UTF8 supports Big5) as OS to run
MySQL application. In my experience, I have not changed charset parameter in server
startup, database or column. They can store latin1 and big5 properly "in-a-mix".

Have u tested to insert and select your records with different charsets in MySQL
before changing the value of charset?

Beside setting charset value what problems do u face actually?

> Date |Tue, 7 Aug 2001 17:25:48 +0800
> From |"SDiZ Cheng" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> Hello!
>

> SC> I have read these docs. I can't find any charset option in CREATE
TABLE
> SC> syntax.
> Oh no.
> You need to set up charset in mysql configuration.
> like this:
> http://www.mysql.com/doc/C/h/Character_sets.html

Yes, i have read that too.
that tell me how to compile mysql with multi charset,
but not create such kind of table.

i expect there is somthing like
  CREATE TABLE tbl_name (
    col_name type CHARSET=char_set,
    col_name2 type CHARSET=char_set2 ) ...

  CREATE DATABASE db_name DEFAULT_CHARSET=char_set ....
where can i find these?