table test
-----
+-------+------------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| Field    | Type                    | Null   | Key  | Default   | Extra   |
+-------+------------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| id_1     |  char(3)               |           |         |               |

| id_2     |  int(10) unsigned  |           |         | 0            |

+-------+------------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

* i want to select max number from table and auto increment it.
*  type is integer- first time the table  will be empty.when i query (
   select max(id_2) from table test)  it display the
   error bellow.
* type is char-  query (select max(id_1 from table test) it can but  it stop
at number 9.

runtime error:-
Error Occurred While Processing Request
Error Diagnostic Information
ODBC Error Code = 22005 (Error in assignment)

[MERANT][ODBC MySql driver]Invalid character value. Error in column 1.

The error occurred while processing an element with a general identifier of
(CFQUERY), occupying document position (1:1) to (1:42).

Date/Time: Wed Aug 8 15:13:03 2001
Browser: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.0; Windows 98; DigExt)
Remote Address: 192.168.0.5