In my (limited) experience it's nearly as easy as using ASP/ADO wirth Access.  MySQL
is a bit touchier about what it considers proper SQL.  We're developing a hybrid
(mutant?) system using MS's
IIS web server and MySQL running on a Linux box and it's coming along quite nicely.
You really don't need to know much more about ASP/ADO than you need to know to make it
work with
Access.