My suggestion would be to chown the database files to the same ownership of the mysqld
daemon.  This should solve your persmission issues.

-----Original Message-----
From:    Adam Douglas [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent:    Thu, 9 Aug 2001 10:11:44 -0600
To:      [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Upgrading to 3.23.37 from 3.22.32

Ok but I've have chmod 777 on a couple of tables and I still receive table
in read only message. Plus I was under the understanding that you only need
say 700 because the mysql daemon it self would be modifying the files
directly and not the client using MySQL.

Visit http://www.visto.com.
Find out  how companies are linking mobile users to the
enterprise with Visto.