On Fri, Aug 10, 2001 at 02:19:21AM -0400, Julian Simpson wrote:
> In what way is it mangling my query?
> and why won't the same query work from my php script.
> I would accept this if it was just any interface but myphpadmin is supposed to be in
>line with mysql standards.
>
> >> update cdrequest set albumfill = "hot shots II", releasedatefill
> >> = 20010708 where requstID = 2;
> >>
> >> i get:
> >> You have an error in your SQL syntax near '\"hot shots II\",
> >> releasedatefill = 20010708 where requstID = 2'  at line 1
> >> I can't see any reason for the error.....
> >
> >Your web based interface is mangling your query.

Hi Julian.  I'd recommend taking the suggestion and try the
query through the command-line interface.  If it works there, then
you've isolated the problem to the interface you're using.  Divide
and conquer.

BTW, should requstID be requestID?

--
Maurice Aubrey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
"Watch the costs and the profits will follow." - Andrew Carnegie

MySQL 3.22.32: up 21.9 days, processed 1,514,328,327 queries (799/sec. avg.)