On Thursday 09 August 2001 17:58, Bernhard Doebler wrote:

> I have a select statement and want to add a Percent sign to the output of
> one expression. Do I have to use Concat-function or is there another way
> (for only one character)?

AFAIK concat is the only way in MySQL, viz:

    SELECT CONCAT(vat, '%') AS vat_pc
      FROM price

You could of course keep a copy of the numeric value with an added %-sign in
a seperate text field, but I'm sure that would only complicate things further
;-)

Now if only MySQL supported VIEWs ... (*)

HTH

Ian Barwick

(*) See:
http://www.mysql.com/doc/M/i/Missing_Views.html

--
Ian Barwick - Developer - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
akademie.de asp GmbH - http://www.akademie.de

"To query tables in a MySQL database is more fun than eating spam"