Hello,

I am currently changing a simple PHP4-based application from PostgreSQL
7.1 to MySQL 3.23. I have some tables in the database which I would like
to create as TYPE=HEAP in MySQL. Because I have read the MySQL manual
(applause here, please!) I know that auto_increment cannot be used there.
This hurts me a lot, and given that MySQL doesn't support sequences, it
nearly prohibits the usage of heap tables in my application.

However, I am still not giving up, so here's the question: how difficult
would it be to get rid  of that restriction for auto_increment in heap
tables? The ideal answer I am hoping for is 'yeah, that's easy - wait for
3.23.42' or 'try this patch and let us know if it works for you'.

Thanks in advance for any response.

Leos Bitto