On Wed, 15 Aug 2001 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> How easy/hard is it install and run mySQL on a unix server?

Depends on how you would answer this question:
"How easy/hard is it to run a Unix server?" ;->

If you're confortable using Unix and installing software then I think
you'll find the basic install and setup of MySQL to be pretty darned easy.
If on the other hand you're new to the Unix world as well as new to MySQL
it will be a bit more challenging, but is still a straightforward
proccess, if you RTFM and give yourself enough time to do it right I don't
think the MySQL setup will cause any headaches. Read all about it:
http://mysql.com/doc/I/n/Installing.html

-Josh