From: "Chris Lathem" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2001 9:21 PM
Subject: Lost mySQL password on Cobalt Qube 3

Hello all,
Recently I made an attempt at setting up phpMyAdmin to allow my
colleagues to interface with mySQL easily. In doing so I set a password
for the root user, and placed the settings in my config file. When a new
version of phpMyAdmin was released, I upgraded without backing up my old
configuration file. Now, I can't seem to remember my password. I have
tried to shut down the mySQL server, and also tried to kill the process,
but my server does not show mySQL running in the processes list. This is
even when logged in as root. The only way I can connect to mySQL is
using the command "mysql -u -p", which allows me to connect, but not to
manipulate anything or stop the service. If anyone has any ideas as to
what I should do to recover my lost password, or reset it, please let me
know. As some of you may know, cobalt servers are slightly different
than regular unix servers, and their support is less than first class.
Thanks again for your help.

Thanks,
Chris Lathem
Network Administrator