Am I missing something?  I just looked at this thing (General
Discussion List?) from netscape and lynx.  It looks like a brain dump
of subject lines[*].  I clicked on threaded, same.  There's some
cryptic "[#]" along the left side; does that have any meaning?

Is my browser just too old to do what would make this page make sense,
or am I missing something (obviously).  I even had (gag) java turned
on when I tried it.

The list archives are what everyone suggests I point myself towards.
This thing seems far less useful than advertised.  What am I doing
wrong?

Thanks.

[*] "Help!" and other things as useful, some more than others.
[**] list "filters" stop me from posting this without one of these
     words somewhere in the post.  Netnanny?
[**] database,sql,query,table[**]

     TopQuark Software & Serv.  Contract programmer, server bum.
     [EMAIL PROTECTED]        Give up Spammers; I use procmail.