On Thu, 16 Aug 2001 16:43:22 -0700 (PDT), "Eric J. Schwertfeger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>>The interesting part is, if I run the program with autocommit on, it
>>works fine.  Unfortunately, transactions are essential.  I found that the
>>program works if I turn autocommit on but wrap the critical table updates
>>in $dbh->do("BEGIN;") and $dbh->do("COMMIT;"), but I haven't tested it to
>>make sure there are no side-effects, and I'd rather use the mechanism
>>it seems that I'm supposed to use with DBI.
>>
>>Has anyone seen this problem?  Is do'ing the BEGIN and COMMIT valid?

Eric,

the only way this is affective, is if your using transaction supported table
handlers, like BDB or Innodb. If your using MYISAM type tables, this has no
affect. If I'm understanding your problem correctly.

Mike(mickalo)Blezien
Thunder Rain Internet Publishing
Providing Internet Solutions that work!
http://www.thunder-rain.com