On Fri, Aug 17, 2001 at 10:51:17AM +0800, Denny wrote:

> I am new to linux and i currently trying to install mysql on my redhat 7.1.
> I always got this error message at the end of the make "Internal error:
> Segmentation fault.".
>
> I wonder if anyone would tell me what's going on?
>
> My machine is running on cyrix P133 with 32MB ram.

Why is it that everyone running mysql has to install from source?
This is wretched excess, unless you need something that the binaries
don't supply.  I installed from rpm's on Suse' 7.1 site and have had
nothing but good things happen.

Unix purists, ptheh!  I like source too, but go with the rpms until
you know what you're doing.  Sort it all out, blow it all away,
re-install from source as it should have been once you know what to do

database, ...

     TopQuark Software & Serv.  Contract programmer, server bum.
     [EMAIL PROTECTED]        Give up Spammers; I use procmail.