Bruce,

the tablespace must be >= 10 MB. You have only
specified 5M.

I tested with .41 and got the following error
message:

C:\trybuild\client_debug>mysqld --console
InnoDB: Error: tablespace size must be at least 10 MB
010817 15:28:15  Can't init databases

Regards,

Heikki

Copied message:
Thanks for the input Heikki,

I got it the right version mysql-max-nt going now. The problem was that
winmysqladmin automatically started the wrong service- mysqld - so I had to
uninstall that service before it would recognise any changed I made in the
my.ini file done with winmysqladmin.
Now I can use bdb, and show variables gives InnoDB as disabled.
I've tried setting up the InnoDB variables in winmysqladmin like this, but
the server won't start:
[mysqld]basedir=C:/mysql
#bind-address=139.133.200.222
datadir=C:/mysql/data
language=C:/mysql/share/english
#slow query log#=
#tmpdir#=
#port=3306
#set-variable=key_buffer=16M
# startup parameters for InnoDB tables
innodb_data_file_path = ibdata1:5M
innodb_data_home_dir = C:\mysql\data\bruce\ibdata
set-variable = innodb_mirrored_log_groups=1
innodb_log_group_home_dir = C:\mysql\data\bruce\iblogs
set-variable = innodb_log_files_in_group=3set-variable =
innodb_log_file_size=5M
set-variable = innodb_log_buffer_size=5Minnodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit=1
innodb_log_arch_dir = c:\mysql\data\bruce\iblogsinnodb_log_archive=0
set-variable = innodb_buffer_pool_size=5M
set-variable = innodb_additional_mem_pool_size=5M
set-variable = innodb_file_io_threads=4
set-variable = innodb_lock_wait_timeout=50

I created all the directories mentioned, but something is preventing it
working. If I comment out the InnoDB lines mysql starts.Thanks in advance.