Filip,

Sinisa's suggestion about user access rights to
the created data and log files might be the explanation.
At least one user is running on 64-bit Sparc, but
he uses gcc.

What does

ls -l

say about the data and log files and access rights?
Was InnoDB able to create them the right size?

Can you run the program in a debugger
(compiled with the debug info) so that we see
where it stops?

Regards,

Heikki

Copied message:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes
> Hi all,
>

> i am not sure if i am at the right list.
> But i will ask my question anyway.
>
> Here is the problem.
>      I have compiled Mysql version 3.23.41 with Forte 6 update 1 from Sun.
>      I have done this on a SPARC system and complied it 64bit.
>      I didn't had any prblems in compiling it with the option innodb no
> errors only some warnings.
>      After i have instlled it i am creating my my.cnf file with all the
> directory etc...
>      When i start it up i is creating the files, and then at the last logs
> it creates it but then hangs.
>      you can wait for days but nothing happens after that.>
> Does anybody know how i can solve this.> Here is my my.cnf file>
> # Uncomment the following if you are using Innobase tables
> innodb_data_file_path = ibdata1:400M
> innodb_data_home_dir = /ibdata
> innodb_log_group_home_dir = /ext/innodblog
> innodb_log_arch_dir = /ext/innodblog
> set-variable = innodb_mirrored_log_groups=1
> set-variable = innodb_log_files_in_group=3
> set-variable = innodb_log_file_size=5M
> set-variable = innodb_log_buffer_size=8M> innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit=1
> innodb_log_archive=0
> set-variable = innodb_buffer_pool_size=16M
> set-variable = innodb_additional_mem_pool_size=2M
> set-variable = innodb_file_io_threads=4
> set-variable = innodb_lock_wait_timeout=50
>

> Thanks in advance
> Filip
> ps: the main problem is that there is no error message it simply stays
> there and does not give me in the error file>      ready to take
connections

Checkout for free space on /ibdata partition and for Unix privileges.--
Regards,
  /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /    Mr. Sinisa Milivojevic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 / /|_/ / // /\ \/ /_/ / /__   MySQL AB, FullTime Developer
/_/  /_/\_, /___/\___\_\___/   Larnaca, Cyprus       <___/   www.mysql.com