could you not add the 'animel' user to the 'mysql' group?

-----Original Message-----
From: Philip Mak [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Philip Mak
Sent: Saturday, August 18, 2001 7:10 PM
To: MySQL Mailing List
Subject: Database File group ownership

I have a database called "animelyrics". I want to make it so that the
files inside this database are readable to the UNIX user "animel", so that
I can do backups easier.

I have done "chgrp animel *" on the directory that contains the files of
the database "animelyrics", but new tables that I create are group "mysql"
instead of group "animel". Is there a way I can make it create new table
files with the group of "animel"?