Hi

As the Perl hackers say, "tmtowtdt" (there's more than one way to do this) -
you are free to do format your dates wherever you like. If you're that way
inclined you could even do the formatting on the client side in JavaScript ;-)

IIRC correctly PHP offers a lot of inbuilt date formatting wotsits.

In SQL (at least MySQL, database developers also believe tmtowtdt ;-) you can
use the DATE_FORMAT function, see:

  http://www.mysql.com/doc/D/a/Date_and_time_functions.html

HTH

Ian Barwick
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

--
Ian Barwick - Developer - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
akademie.de asp GmbH - http://www.akademie.de

"To query tables in a MySQL database is more fun than eating spam"