i'm using mysql 3.23.40 for windows, when i try to build one very
simple application, it shows me that error:

e:\pere\mysql 3.23.40 server\include\mysql_com.h(115) : error C2146:
syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'fd'
e:\pere\mysql 3.23.40 server\include\mysql_com.h(115) : error
C2501: 'SOCKET' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
e:\pere\mysql 3.23.40 server\include\mysql_com.h(115) : error
C2501: 'fd' : missing storage-class or type specifiers

The line it marks is:

typedef struct st_net {
  Vio* vio;
  int fcntl;
  unsigned char *buff,*buff_end,*write_pos,*read_pos;
  char last_error[MYSQL_ERRMSG_SIZE];
  unsigned int last_errno,max_packet,timeout,pkt_nr;
  unsigned char error;
  my_bool return_errno,compress;
  my_bool no_send_ok; /* needed if we are doing several
   queries in one command ( as in LOAD TABLE ... FROM MASTER ),
   and do not want to confuse the client with OK at the wrong time
                      */
  unsigned long remain_in_buf,length, buf_length, where_b;
  unsigned int *return_status;
  unsigned char reading_or_writing;
  char save_char;
} NET;

I've tried to cancel it marking as comment, but compiler still searches
it (i cannot understand it, but it does, when marked with // or /* as a
comment, there's also the error)

The cpp i'm trying to compile is this:

#include <stdio.h>
#include "mysql.h"
#include <windows.h>

//NULL siempre mayusculas
#define def_host_name NULL  //host al que conectamos, predeterminado
localhost
#define def_user_name NULL  //nombre de usuario, predeterminado el
propio
#define def_password NULL       //contraseña, predeterminada ninguna
#define def_db_name NULL  //base de datos a usar, predeterminada,
ninguna.

MYSQL* conn;    //puntero al manejador(estructura) de conexion
                                //global para evitar desconexion al
salir de una funcion

int main(int argc, char *argv[]){

        conn=mysql_init(NULL);  //inicializa la estructura conn

        mysql_real_connect(     //establece la conexion con el server
                conn,   //puntero al manejador de conexion
                def_host_name,  //host al que conectar
                def_user_name,  //nombre de usuario
                def_password,   //password del usuario
                def_db_name,    //base de datos a usar
                0,                              //puerto de
conexion,0=usar predeterminado
                NULL,                   //socket, usamos predeterminado
                0);                             //modificadores, no
usamos ninguno

        mysql_close(conn);      //cierra la conexion apuntada por el
manejador de conexion

        return 0;
}

As you can see, i'm just learning sql, and i was trying to connect from
C. I'm sure that error is in my_socket, that's not a class nor var of
program, and i've not found it anywhere, but i don't know the correct
word. Help me plz.
Thanks in advance.

Pere