Rafal Jank wrote:

> Peter Zaitsev wrote:
> >
> > Hello mysql,
> >
> >   I was trying to load very huge (5GB 45mil rows) to the text dump in
> >   sorted order (according to primary key).
> >   The problem is mysql somehow does not wants to scan the table by
> >   primary key to produce sorted output row by row, but  prefers to use
> >   filesort which would take quite a long time in this case:
> >
> > mysql> explain select * from dominf.domip order by ip desc;
> Try using limit clause
I mean: check the plan of
select * from dominf.domip order by ip desc limit (number of records - 1)
That's strange, but that works for me... (on the smaller table)
The last record you can get using other query.
--
_/        _/  _/_/_/  -----     Rafał Jank [EMAIL PROTECTED]     -----
 _/  _/  _/  _/   _/         Wirtualna Polska SA   http://www.wp.pl