We've had a lot of shakeups recently because of our DSL service going out
of business. While shifting over, we also changed our primary Domain name
for the site. I'm not an expert at configuring networks, and especially
not at configuring MySQL, so I'm thinking these problems are my own doing.

Using DBI in Perl (same syntax as I've been using successfully) and the
mysql command line interface, the system pauses 15 seconds before
connecting succesfully. I've tried using --skip-name-resolve and --skip-
network (not sure of spelling here, but when I tested it, I used
documented string), but they didn't appear to help any.

Any clues or suggestions? Thanks!

Tim Cadell
Total Net