I recently installed MySQL, Ver 11.15 Distrib 3.23.38, for Win95/Win98
(i32), on a Windows 95 system running version 4.00.950C. When I tried to
initialise the database I got the following error:

C:\mysql\bin>mysqld
InnoDB: The first specified data file c:\dbData\dbData1 did not exist:
InnoDB: a new database to be created!
InnoDB: Setting file c:\dbData\dbData1 size to 31457280
InnoDB: Database physically writes the file full: wait...
InnoDB: Data file c:\dbData\dbData2 did not exist: new to be created
InnoDB: Setting file c:\dbData\dbData2 size to 31457280
InnoDB: Database physically writes the file full: wait...
InnoDB: Log file .\ib_logfile0 did not exist: new to be created
InnoDB: Setting log file .\ib_logfile0 size to 5242880
InnoDB: Log file .\ib_logfile1 did not exist: new to be created
InnoDB: Setting log file .\ib_logfile1 size to 5242880
Innobase: Assertion failure in thread 4293192801 in file
M:\mysql-3.23\innobase\
os\os0file.c line 187
Innobase: we intentionally generate a memory trap.
Innobase: Send a bug report to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
010823 14:40:24  C:\MYSQL\BIN\MYSQLD.EXE: Got signal 11. Aborting!

010823 14:40:24  Aborting

InnoDB: Warning: shutting down not properly started database
010823 14:40:24  C:\MYSQL\BIN\MYSQLD.EXE: Shutdown Complete

For info, below is the my.cnf file. The only changed/added lines are
marked <===
and relate to the filespaces used by the database. As this is a test
install I made to spaces fairly small (30M each).

 Example mysql config file.
# Copy this file to c:\my.cnf to set global options
#
# One can use all long options that the program supports.
# Run the program with --help to get a list of available options

# This will be passed to all mysql clients
[client]
#password=my_password
port=3306
#socket=MySQL

# Here is entries for some specific programs
# The following values assume you have at least 32M ram

# The MySQL server

[mysqld]
innodb_data_file_path = dbData1:30M;dbData2:30M  <====
innodb_data_home_dir = c:\\dbData                             <====
port=3306
#socket=MySQL
skip-locking
default-character-set=latin1
set-variable = key_buffer=16M
set-variable = max_allowed_packet=1M
set-variable = thread_stack=128K
set-variable = flush_time=1800

# Uncomment the following row if you move the MySQL distribution to
another
# location
#basedir = d:/mysql/

[mysqldump]
quick
set-variable = max_allowed_packet=16M

[mysql]
no-auto-rehash

[isamchk]
set-variable= key=16M

[client_fltk]
help_file= c:\mysql\sql_client\MySQL.help
client_file= c:\mysql\MySQL.options
history_length=20
database = test
queries_root= c:\mysql\queries
last_database_file= c:\mysql\lastdb

Can you advise how I can fix this problem.

Thanks,

Chris