Hello Trond,

TEG> Peter Zaitsev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>>   I'm trying to compile mysql 3.23.41 with recent glibc 2.2.4 but this
>>   somehow does not work with the following diagnose:

TEG> It builds just fine with glibc 2.2.4 on a current development version
TEG> of Red Hat Linux (Roswell + a few minor updates).

Yes. I'm shure it builds OK then glibc is installed as standart.
I'm having a system with glibc 2.2.0 and trying to compile MYSQL with
glibc 2.2.4 laying in a special directory. But if fails. The stranges
thing is - is somehow builds something dynamic there I selected to
bild everything static.

TEG> Did you compile glibc yourself or have you used gcc 3?
Yes. I compiled it myself using gcc 2.95.2 which whould be OK ?

--
Best regards,
 Peter                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]