Hello List!

        I am having an extremely unusual problem with MySQL3.22.27 running on a
Sun UltraII Solaris 7 (latest patches applied). This implementation of
MySQL 3.22.27 has been rock solid for better than 2 years now.

        We have a primary/failover system here, and the primary 'syncs' itself
to the secondary via mysqldump every X hours. What has been happening
is, on the failover box, when importing the dump from mysqldump the db
hangs. Connections are allowed, but access to the db in question
freezes. I have done quite a bit of debugging, and have determined that
the freeze occurs as the 'user' table is getting loaded. I recompiled
mysql with debug on, and the log file for the import dies right after
trying to load that table. Additionally, after a freeze, I can restart
mysql, and look at all of the db, except that user is an empty set
(should be about 81000 records).

        I have the _exact_same_ dump occuring to a different box running the
same version of MySQL just fine, religiously. I have fsck'ed the drives
that the mysql instance lived on (no problems). I trussed the mysql
process below with no relevant output (will post to the list if
requested). I have recompiled and reinstalled mysql with the same
results (having first deleted in entirety the old install)

        Information:
        Command to import:
        bin/mysql -uroot -pblah dbname < /path/to/mysqldump

        User table info:
bin/isamchk -d var/layoutwizard/user.ISM

ISAM file:     var/layoutwizard/user.ISM
Data records:             81491  Deleted blocks:              0
Recordlength:               301
Record format: Packed

table description:
Key Start Len Index   Type
1   1     4   unique  long
2   9     8   multip. binary
3   5     4   multip. long
4   45    255 multip. text

Any help anyone can offer will be greatly appreciated. This is fairly
critical, as I have no failover box, and am out of ideas for what is
causing this.

TIA

--
Matthew Boeckman                        (816) 777-2160
Manager - Systems Integration           Saepio Technologies

Space is nature's way of making sure that everything doesn't happen to
you.