Hi,

    I want to write a program with VB in win98 box and connect to mySQL in
Linux. I think the only way to do is to connect thru ODBC with myODBC. But
with using ODBC, all ID & password is given when setting up the DSN. And
this means everyone using this computer could access the mySQL server with
the given right! And this also means I couldn't use my program to control
the security of mySQL.

    I don't think this is true! But please tell me what should I do to avoid
this, or what have I missed?

==
====
Best Regards