From: "George Pitcher" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2001 8:42 AM
Subject: Moving database from NT > Linux

Hi all,

I'm getting closer and closer to having MySQL/PHP/Apache set up on my
LinuxPPC box.

Now, I haven't been sitting twiddling my thumbs while I was waiting. Instead
I was building a database on MySQL on NT.

I would like to move this to Linux asap. There are 6 tables with between 8
and 40 fields in them. The largest DB has 350,000 records and the overs a
bit less (but still a lot).

My question, really, is: Will I have to go through the create database
process all over again or can I move this DB over from one platform to
another?

MTIA

George P in Edinburgh