Hi !!

)-----Original Message-----
)From: Wen Tien [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
)Sent: Friday, August 24, 2001 1:58 PM
)To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; Werner Stürenburg
)Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
)Subject: RE: myODBC?
)
)Hi, maybe I didn't phrase my question correctly.  I'm using a SGI machine
)running Irix and going to be using a mySQL db on a Linux box behind a
)firewall.  Since I will set up a tunnel with ssh2 to forward port 3306, it
)will appear to the Irix system that the db exists locally.  Now
)here is what
)I'm confused about:  Do I 1) install both iODBC and myODBC on the Irix
)system? or 2) install iODBC on the Irix one and myODBC on that
)Linux machine
)where the mySQL db physically located?  Thanks!
)
You need to install both iODBC or unixODBC and MyODBC in the client side
from which your ODBC application tries to access (Irix) the db from Linux
m/c.

Regards
Venu
--